Fleur de sel - French Sea Salt - 25g
The thin and crispy Camargue sea salt will meet all your dishes, and amaze your taste buds on a meat or grilled fish.
Its thin and crunchy texture highlights flavours to all your dishes. It can be used directly in the plate or at the end of the cooking time. It is perfect for grills, fishes and salads or even raw vegetables.
Soft and gentle, the salt flower from Camargue has a great aromatic power and offers surprising tastes.
Camargue: Earth of Salt:
The brand”Le Saunier de Camargue” picks its salt near the charming walled city of Aigues – Mortes salt marsh. It is partially situated on the Natural reserve of Camargue, on the West of the Small Rhône.
The salt marsh extends over 18 kilometers from North to South and 13 kilometers from East to West.
Since antiquity, salt has been cropped in a natural way. In this place, wildlife, flora and salt harmoniously live together.
The Saunier's work:
Since antiquity, the saunier follows the nature‘s work and water waves to create the” Saunier of Camargue” a salt which is naturally white and close to its first shape.
This authentic salt is full of benefits and will bring you the best of the nature. Salts are in conformity with the quality food salt charter which guarantees its qualities and its safety.
Recipe idea: Small chocolate cakes in the crisp of caramel and flower salt
For 8 small cakes
Preparation 20 minutes
Oven preheated to Th6 (180°C)
Cooking 15 minutes
8 small molds
Ingredients for the crisp:
- 20 whole almonds
- 20 hazelnuts
- 1 coffee spoon of flower salt from the brand” Saunier of the Camargue”
- 20 pistachio nuts
- 8 sugar cubes
- 4 soup spoons of water
Ingredients for cakes:
- 3 eggs
- 25g of melted butter
- Zest of half an orange
- ½ coffee spoon of flower salt from the brand” Saunier of the Camargue)
- 100g of caster sugar
- 80g of flour
- 40g of hazelnuts powder
- 200g of dark chocolate tablet
- 15cl of whipping cream
- 1 half bag of baking powder.
1-Place almonds, hazelnuts, pistachio nuts in a mixer and chop them. Then add, the coffee spoon of flower salt from the brand” Saunier of the Camargue”.
2-Stirred to split the flower salt.
3-Reserve 1/3 of the dried fruits.
4-Warm in a pan 8 sugar cubes with water as soon as the sugar becomes brown, flow on a sheet of buttered baking paper. Then sprinkle on the top, 2/3 of the chopped dried fruits.
5-Let cool, the caramel will harden.
6-Break the plate of caramel in pieces.
The small chocolate cakes:
1-In a salad bowl: mix flour, powder of hazelnuts, yeast, molten chocolate and flower salt from the brand “Saunier of the Camargue".
2- Split the yellow of the white to your eggs.
- In a bowl, whip eggs yolks, the cream, the orange peel and sugar until the mixture becomes frothy
- Then add the ingredients of the salad bowl and mix until you obtain a homogeneous dough
- Add the melted butter and stirred the whole preparation
- Whisk the eggs whites until they forms stiff peaks and incorporate them quite slowly into the dough. The dough will become supple and smooth.
- Then spread the dough in the buttered moulds
- Sprinkle on the dough reserved to the dried fruits, put your preparation in a preheated oven in thermostat 6 (180°C)
- Turn out when cakes are cooled and place the pieces of crisp caramel on every cakes
- Enjoy it at room temperature!
With this product, we recommend :
Customers who bought this product also bought :