Freekeh - roasted green wheat from South Lebanon
Rich in fibre and protein, this smoked and salted whole wheat will accompany your vegetables and tomato sauces with its subtle toasted flavours and notes of almonds.
This product is coming back soon!
Please leave us your e-mail in order to be informed of its availibility
Appreciated for centuries in the East, freekeh is still almost unknown in the West. Wrongly so because it is full of virtues!
- Low in gluten
- Rich in protein and fibre (twice as much as quinoa)
- A low glycemic index
- Intake of iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, probiotics and B vitamins
Freekeh is a variety of durum wheat, harvested before maturity (hence its nickname green wheat). Legend has it that after saving their harvest from the flames, 13th century Iranian farmers discovered a delicious almond with a smoky taste under the toasted husk.
Freekeh, to be used both hot and cold!
You can use it as much as you like, but no one can resist its toasted flavour:
- In salads or in poelée
- As a main course (delicious in tabbouleh) or as a side dish (sprinkled on a raw vegetable salad).
- To replace rice or pasta
If you want to cook it, do it like most cereals, simply cook it in a pan of salted water, then fry it in a pan like a pilaf, or even with broth like a risotto!
Terroirs du Liban: a committed brand
- Transparency and product quality: rigorous selection of raw materials, no additives or preservatives.
- For fair trade: support for small producers, a guaranteed minimum wage and fair distribution of added value
- For the valorisation of the Lebanese terroir: to convey the values of conviviality, sharing and generosity.
With this product, we recommend :
Customers who bought this product also bought :