Substitute of yeast in bread!
This product is made from real leaven (mix of organic flour + fermented water), allowing it to develop wild yeast, characteristic of the flavour of a leavened bread. Leaven is then dried at a low temperature and a low percentage of ordinary yeast is added in order to act as a starter for raising the dough.
- In a salad bowl, blend together wheat flour (preferably organic clear or greyish flour), leaven (42 g/kg of flour), salt (20 g/kg of flour) and warm water (about 60% of flour weight).
- Let it rest for a few minutes to hydrate the flour, then knead it and fold the rims to the centre for about ten minutes in order to obtain a supple, smooth and non stick dough ball.
- Let it rest uncovered for 30 minutes in the salad bowl at a temperature of about 22°C.
- Work the dough again to lightly chase away the air, and then form your bread shape.
- Let it rest again (final proof time) for 60 to 90 minutes, to allow the dough to gain in volume and aroma.
- Bake it in a hot oven (200-230 °C) for about 45 minutes.
In the bread machine
- Pour 320ml of warm water into the machine.
- Add salt, 500g of flour and 21g of organic wheat leaven Priméal.
- Start a wholemeal bread programme (about 3 to 3.30 hours).
One packet of 85g of organic wheat leaven suits to 2 kg of wheat flour.
|Average nutrition facts||For 100g|
|Energy||373 / 1561.68||kcal / kJ|