This product is no longer sold
Its thin and crispy texture provides great flavours to all your dishes. You can use it at the end of cooking time or directly in the plate. It is perfect on BBQ meats, fishes, and fresh salads.
Soft and gentle the salt flower from Camargue has a great aromatic power and offers surprising tastes.
The Camargue, a region made of salt:
The brand "Le Saunier de Camargue" picks its salt near the charming walled city of Aigues-Mortes, which is into a Nature reserve. From the Antiquity, salt has been cropped in a natural way. In this place, wildlife, flora and salt harmoniously live together.
The saunier's work:
From the Antiquity, the sauniers follow the nature's work and water waves to create the "Saunier of Camargue", a salt which is naturally white and very close to its first shape. This authentic kind of salt is full of benefits.
Recipe tips: "Cod back with salt flower and thyme"
- For 8 persons
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 10 minutes
- Oven: 240°C
- 8 back of cod with their skin (around 200g each)
- 8 spoons of flower salt "Le saunier de Camargue"
- A bunch of thyme
- A bunch of carrots
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 sping onions
- 1 spoon of sesame grains
- A small eggplant
- 3 spoons of olive oil
How to cook it :
- Clean and slice the carrots and the zucchini in small sticks
- Clean the onions and cut in two pieces (for the bigger ones)
- Slice in small cubs the aubergine
- Mash the garlic clove
- Turn the oven on
- Slice the thyme and mix it with the salt flower
- Put in a cooking dish the pieces of fish with a tea spoon of the salt flower/thyme mix on the back and add some olive oil
- Bake it about 10 min in the oven and grill it for 1 minute more
- In a wok pan warm some olive oil and the mashed garlic, throw the vegetables and let it cook 5 to 6 minutes while you do not stop mixing
- Lay the vegetables around a plate or a big boil, sprinkle of sesame grains, salt and pepper, and place the cod on top of it.