A quick and practical way to produce delicious gingerbread
This ready-to-make blend of flour and spices allows you to prepare delicous, authentic gingerbread.
Add other ingredients to personalise your gingerbread, such as candied peel and walnuts.
Gingerbread is not just for afternoon tea!: gingerbread toasts with foie gras, gingerbread risotto and gingerbread with apples…
Gingerbread pudding with raisins
Ingredients : 1 500g gingerbread loaf (prepared with the powder “La recette de Guillemette”), 300g of currants and sultanas, 1 small glass of rum, ½ litre of milk, 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 unwaxed oranges, 40g of butter.
- Let the raisins soak in the rum.
- Slice the gingerbread.
- Boil the milk, allow it to cool down. Pour it on the beaten eggs with sugar, stirring all the time. Finely grate the peel of the oranges. Grease a charlotte mould with butter and put a handful of drained raisins in the bottom.
- Soak the gingerbread slices in the milk and egg mix and fill the mould with alternate layers of this mixture and raisins and orange peel.
- Pour in any remaining egg mixture and cook for 2 hours in a bain-marie (or 30 minutes with a pressure cooker, put 2 cm of water in the bottom)
- Let it cool down before turning out of the mould. Serve it slightly warm with vanilla cream.